Monday, August 3, 2009

Where Did The Time Go??

I knew Chloe was growing at lightening speed - I say it all the time.....in emails to friends, on the blog for all to read, on the phone to family members, on facebook to long lost pals, in passing to neighbors and so on......but today I really realized.....my baby is growing up.

As I lay in bed with Chloe, putting her down for a much needed and much fought nap (of which I did succeed, if only for a mere hour) it dawns on me. The room is quiet, all I really hear is her breathing...and I stare at the picture on my dresser. It's of her. A sonogram. There she is - a one-dimensional human being that kicked in my tummy. Stuck in the frame, I have another picture of her from when she was only a few weeks old. There she is - a two-dimensional baby girl smiling back at me. And then I look down. There she is. It's my beautiful three-dimentional Boo Boo (that's what I call her). And I am stunned. I am happy, I am overwhelmed. She is about to be NINE months old!! Where did the time go?

I know where the time went...but, when you get to the point where your baby is as old as you carried her for - it's a bit of a strange feeling. I am so happy, but at the same time...I don't want it all to go too fast. Already there are so many fleeting moments and memories jumbled in my brain. But, it's all okay. We have a deal.....she will stop at 1. She will forever be 12 months and 31 days!! No - it'll be okay, it'll be wonderful watching her grow up (but, slowly, please....).
On to more exciting news...............Today, Chloe woke up and was ready to WALK!!! We all slept in this morning, and when we entered the living room to start our day, she decided today was the day she was really going to give it a good go. Up til now, she has been taking one or two steps at a time. Sometimes three or four as a fluke. But today she has been walking five/six plus steps at a time today, all day. Its magical! She also motions with her hands, "Come here" - we think she may have picked this up from us encouraging her "Come, walk to Mommy/Daddy". It's pretty cute. Needless to say...today, there has been a lot of clapping!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: