Friday, July 30, 2010

Some Big Girl Firsts!!

Just in the past week or so, Chloe has had a few firsts!

We converted her crib to a toddler bed!! She was starting to climb out, and we figured it was time or at least close to. Nana brought her Tinkerbell sheets, comforter and throw too while she was here. Honestly....the bed was all part of my master plan. But boy is the bed cute!!

I wanted to wean her, but I wanted her to feel like a big girl, and I thought the bed change might help?! And, it kinda did!! She loves her new bed - mostly jumping on it...but, you can't win them all. Chloe has been successfully weaned after 20 1/2 months of nursing!!! I wasn't very confident that either one of us could do it. And we did, we did it together! Since then, naps are hard to come by (oh -- I sure do miss my 2-3 hours of quiet time a day....insert sad face!) but she is sleeping much better thru the night. And eat - she is eating like a champ allllll day long!! It's pretty funny considering she ate like a bird up until now. We are so proud of her!

Chloe also had a first today! She went to the DENTIST!! She did really great! Despite the one picture I managed to get on my phone today, she was really well behaved and attentive to the dentist. She really wasn't into her counting her teeth, but when it came to the polishing - now, that's a different story!! She was grabbing her hand for her to do it more. She has 16 teeth (which she has had for a few months) and the second set of molars are definitely on their way in, with one already thru the gums.
After her dentist visit....she got a LOLLIPOP!! She loved that...a lot! I really wasn't too keen on her having one. But, she has been acting like such a big girl lately, I thought she deserved a treat!Other than all that, we have been having a great summer so far. Catching the bus here and there, going to her gym class every week, going to the pool, having a few playdates in the building and visiting with family. Hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather!!

No comments: